VOLUNTEERING - YOU REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
It takes over 500 people volunteering their time to make the Keswick Convention run smoothly for our thousands of visitors. Could you be one of them?
We have a variety of teams that need all kinds of different people:
- Stewarding - We have 2 stewarding teams, one based at each of our main sites in the town.
- Youth Team (11-18s)
- Kids Team (3-11s)
- Technical Support
- Signing (BSL)
For a more detailed description of each of the roles please click here. See below for link to application form.
Can I apply?
If you can answer yes to all of the following we would be happy to consider your application.
- I am over 18 (20 for our Youth Team)
- I can commit to a whole week (arriving and departing on Saturday)
- I am happy to work within the EA basis of faith and Keswick Ministries Ethos and Values statement.
- I am able to attain a satisfactory Criminal Records Bureau Disclosure prior to the beginning of the event.
- I am eligible to serve in the UK. (We are unable to assist with any Visa applications)
- I can provide 2 references (one of which must be a Church leader or member of a Church’s staff team)
What happens next
If you would like to apply for one of our teams, download and complete our APPLICATION FORM (The application form requires the latest version of adobe reader for free here). Please read through this carefully, and if you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
On receipt of your application form, we will contact you within 14 days to confirm that your application is in hand.
Applications take around 4-6 weeks to complete (dependent on being able to contact your referee). Once you have been accepted on team we will then send you an application form for a CRB Disclosure (or ask you to send us one you already have). This process can take up to 8 weeks.
Once you have been offered a place on team and we have satisfactorily completed all checks and references you will then receive further information at the beginning of June. (Children’s and Youth Team members will additionally hear from Team Leaders with information about the training days which normally takes place in June.)